PDA

View Full Version : escobal or jonas villanueva or l.a. tenorio

skip001
03-20-2006, 02:28 PM
sa palagay niyo sino nga ba nag magaling???

toti_mendiola
03-20-2006, 02:52 PM
To be fair, L.A. is already made.He has a UAAP championship and has more experinece than the two not to mention the speed of this kid and his knack for the game. Jonas had a breakout year last season at the uaap and more senior than JP, i guess it would boil down with the one who has experience. For JP scooby Escoba, my dog has lots to prove, to himself including, but talent wise he's not lacking. L.A. is in the top of my list but come NCAA 82 and its conclusion, i could change my list and have a wide grin on my face with basketball satisfaction.

bchoter
03-20-2006, 05:42 PM
Jonas Villanueva's combination of good playmaking, size, scoring ability, and defense, for me, puts him in a position to be a special player someday. He is very comfortable setting up plays as well as putting the ball in the hole himself. He rarely commits mistakes but will not shy away from game changing plays. He's a deadshot from the outside and can take it hard to the basket. His size allows him to post up sor shoot over shorter guards or beat bigger guards off the dribble. His demeanor and style of play has old school written all over it. However, given the right situation, LA will shine brightest and has the potential to be among the best players in his time. Contrary to what others think, LA will be a good playmaker in the PBA and his ability to score will enhance this instead of gling against it.

gameface_one
03-20-2006, 11:50 PM
skip001, this topic will be transferred to the General Discussions Forum.

Joescoundrel
08-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Jonas Villanueva would have to be it for now. He has size, athleticism, experience, moxie. He can score anywhere he pleases, play good on-ball defense, and rarely makes mistakes.

LA Tenorio is a classic small guard. Not to take anything away from his big fighting heart, but smallish guards have to be a generational type to make a career-long impact, like the Flying A or Jimmy Alapag. LA isn't quite up there yet.

Pong Escobal can become the greatest of these three but he has a lot of learning to do. He has size, handles and intelligence. He lacks strength, speed and overall athleticism, things easily gained by hitting the weights and the plyo.