PDA

View Full Version : Fr. Martin Cup 2006 Summer League

gameface_one
03-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Elimination Games begin on April 22, 2006 with a grand opening ceremony. The tournament runs throughout the summer with the championships on June 11, 2006.

Espected to see action in the league are 60 teams from 3 divisions: Seniors, Juniors, and Women's. Equivalent to the 12th season of the Fr. MArtin Cup, this is expected to be bigger, better, and more competitive. To add excitement to the league, selected games will be aired on Studio 23 while announcements will be made in print and radio.

Gameface.ph will once again be the Official Internet Media Portal for this Tournament. Stand by for more Tournament info and announcements both in the FMC webpage and in this Forum Section.

MargaretThrasher
03-21-2006, 02:16 PM
I heard that some regulations regarding eligibility will be imposed in this upcoming tournament. Is this true? ???

gameface_one
03-22-2006, 08:41 AM
I heard that some regulations regarding eligibility will be imposed in this upcoming tournament. Is this true? ???

The rule has been there eversince. They follow the UAAP rules. A senior division player is not allowed to play if he is born before 1982. A junior division player is not allowed to play if he is born before 1988.

MargaretThrasher
03-22-2006, 02:14 PM
I heard something different - that only players eligible for the upcoming season (what season that is, I don't know) would be eligible to play in the summer FMC - but I guess I should just wait and see who'll be playing in the tournament to get clarification on this. ??? Thanks for your time, though!

fraternizer
03-30-2006, 05:13 AM

The FMC rules have always been less stringent than the other major tournaments with regards to academic eligibility. A player may represent a school where he or she intends to enroll at this coming schoolyear. Being a summer league, this takes into account players who have just graduated from high school, are in the process of transferring or are fulfilling their residency requirements. Even a mid-season transfer from one participating school to another is allowed as long as there is room in the maximum 20-person roster. With regards to age eligibility, it is the same as the major tournaments: born no earlier than 1982 for college and born no earlier than 1988 for high school. Although STI and AMACU will have to seek special consideration because their main league, the NAASCU, curiously only disqualifies a player on the date he turns 25 year old. These two schools wil be fielding players who were born 1981 since they will still qualify to play in this coming NAASCU season.

So far, there are 23 confirmed partiicpating teams in the men's college division, 18 in the boys' high school division and 8 in the women's college division. The organizers are still screening applicants for inclusion into the tournament. The notable absentees are UP in the men's division, PCU in both men's and boys' divisions, LaSalle-Zobel from the boy's division and ADMU from the women's division. Ateneo has three teams (two from ADMU, one from ADNaga) in the men's division while EAC has two (Manila & Cavite). Adamson will, likewise, have two teams in the boy's division. Just watch out for the announcement of the final teams and groupings.

vannnesssa
04-06-2006, 11:37 PM
can I know the game venue/s?

5FootCarrot
04-07-2006, 08:22 AM
I heard that the games (all games?) will be played in the EAC Gym, but my info could be outdated. :)

bchoter
04-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Great news for me. The capacity will be an issue, though as there are less seats available on the sidelines while there are many seats at the baseline.

vannnesssa
04-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I heard that the games (all games?) will be played in the EAC Gym, but my info could be outdated. :)

oh... thanks for the info. Next question, do we have to pay for the entrance? Or is it free? I am hoping that it's free... ;D

full battle gear
04-07-2006, 03:01 PM

oh... thanks for the info. Next question, do we have to pay for the entrance? Or is it free? I am hoping that it's free... ;D

No entrance fee for FMC games. Everyone is welcome to watch. :)

vannnesssa
04-07-2006, 04:18 PM

No entrance fee for FMC games. Everyone is welcome to watch. :)

oh.. yey... cool... thanks!!!

freak
04-16-2006, 07:57 PM

oh... thanks for the info. Next question, do we have to pay for the entrance? Or is it free? I am hoping that it's free...* ;D

No entrance fee for FMC games.* Everyone is welcome to watch.* :)

wait.. where is EAC? ???
please provide directions.. I don't know how to get there..
thanks! ;D

AnthonyServinio
04-17-2006, 12:27 PM

oh... thanks for the info. Next question, do we have to pay for the entrance? Or is it free? I am hoping that it's free...* ;D

No entrance fee for FMC games.* Everyone is welcome to watch.* :)

wait.. where is EAC?* ???
please provide directions.. I don't know how to get there..
thanks! ;D
The EAC-Manila Gym is walking distance from the LRT's United Nations Avenue Station and another landmark is the Medical Center Manila. Get down from there and walk towards the McDonald's. Its a few meters further down that road.

razor
04-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Will Cackler and Inday cover the games live on-line? ;D

gameface_one
04-20-2006, 10:08 AM
From Quinito Henson's Article in the Philippine Star Today:

It’s Emilio Aguinaldo College versus San Beda College in the inaugural game of the Nike Summer Basketball League at the Aguinaldo College gym tomorrow.

The country’s top summer cage league got even bigger by incorporating the Fr. Martin’s Cup in a merger that has attracted the best varsity programs in the country. The tournament is split into three divisions–seniors (25 teams in three groups), juniors (24 teams in three groups) and women’s (nine teams). UAAP mainstays Far Eastern University (two teams), University of the East, Ateneo (two teams), La Salle, Adamson, National University and University of Santo Tomas are entered in the seniors division.

Nike Philippines country director Ariel Fermin said the merger of the Nike Summer League and the Fr. Martin’s Cup "revolutionizes summer basketball, giving ballers a venue to showcase their basketball skills and flare, additionally, it gives coaches and the entire country an opportunity to witness the young talents out there."

The games will also serve as a test for players battling for slots in their school varsity rosters this coming season.

Nike marketing communications manager Mae Dichupa said highlights of the games will be shown in a weekly half-hour TV show called "Nike Summer League On Air" every Friday from 5:30 to 6 p.m. on Studio 23. The program is hosted by Boom Gonzales and Alex Compton with Tricia Chiongbian reporting at courtside. The pilot episode will air on April 28.

5FootCarrot
04-25-2006, 05:41 PM
FWIW, Carrot and Inday are presently coordinating to post at least the quarter scores of the Ateneo-Mapua game in the FMC thread at the Blue Eagles' Nest :)

bchoter
04-30-2006, 01:08 AM
FWIW, Carrot and Inday are presently coordinating to post at least the quarter scores of the Ateneo-Mapua game in the FMC thread at the Blue Eagles' Nest :)
Inday and cackler's game coverage are truly impressive... A great Blue job, indeed.

5FootCarrot
05-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Just received word that Inday is on her way to watch the Ateneo vs. FEU-B game this morning. We'll be posting quarter scores in the Blue Eagle's Nest!

green_minded
05-03-2006, 08:32 AM
For more updates, visit:
www.nikebasketball.com.ph/nikebasketball/nsl

By the way, unlike the HAIL games, the FMC venue DOES NOT turn on the aircons. :'(

arhtmahn
05-05-2006, 01:58 AM
For more updates, visit:

A group of coaches met at the lobby of the EAC Gym after the last match of the day and marveled at the two large LCD television screens going through their respective visual (wala raw audio) presentations:

Coach G:* Hayop na talaga and FMC!* Hi-tech na!

Coach J:* Oo nga, pare.* Mas madalas pa ngayon ang TV coverage.

Coach S:* May website pa para sa results at stats.

Coach G:* Nakito mo na ba ang stats ng mga games ninyo?

Coach J:* Of course!

Coach S:* Siyempre.* Ikaw?

Coach G:* Oo naman.* Pero may mga mali raw sabi ng satistician namin, eh.

Coach J:* Siya nga!* Ika nga ni Coach N, parang operation dagdag-bawas.

Coach S:* Lost in translation ang tawag diyan.* Nagkamali nang i-translate mula papel papuntang keyboard.

Coach G:* Sige, kitakits na lang sa semis.

Coach J:* Kayabang naman nito! Sige na nga!

Coach S (whispering to himself after the two other coaches had left):* Magkano kaya ang ganito kalaking TV?

green_minded
05-05-2006, 06:38 AM
For more updates, visit:

A group of coaches met at the lobby of the EAC Gym after the last match of the day and marveled at the two large LCD television screens going through their respective visual (wala raw audio) presentations:

Coach G:* Hayop na talaga and FMC!* Hi-tech na!

Coach J:* Oo nga, pare.* Mas madalas pa ngayon ang TV coverage.

Coach S:* May website pa para sa results at stats.

Coach G:* Nakito mo na ba ang stats ng mga games ninyo?

Coach J:* Of course!

Coach S:* Siyempre.* Ikaw?

Coach G:* Oo naman.* Pero may mga mali raw sabi ng satistician namin, eh.

Coach J:* Siya nga!* Ika nga ni Coach N, parang operation dagdag-bawas.

Coach S:* Lost in translation ang tawag diyan.* Nagkamali nang i-translate mula papel papuntang keyboard.

Coach G:* Sige, kitakits na lang sa semis.

Coach J:* Kayabang naman nito!* Sige na nga!

Coach S (whispering to himself after the two other coaches had left):* Magkano kaya ang ganito kalaking TV?

Strange that they ain't complaning about the AIRCON NOT TURNED ON. Ang init sa loob. Buti pa ang HAIL nkabukas ang aircon. What a way to market the NIKE brand. :-\

5FootCarrot
05-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Hindi kasi hardcore ang may aircon. ::) If you think the EAC Gym is bad, then you probably haven't been to the FEU, Arellano and UM gyms.

Now, what did I come here for? Oh, yes, to announce that we will once again be posting quarterly scores of today's Ateneo-B vs. Baste game in the Blue Eagles' Nest. Inday has promised to give field reports even though Ken Barracoso will not be playing. ;D

EDITED because I got the opponent wrong. Oopsies!

MonL
05-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Dear gameface_one,

Is it possible, for the sake of those junkies like me stuck in the workplace who peek at certain times at this portal and cannot watch the games live, especially those on weekdays, to have a* progress report as the scheduled game is being played, or at least on a per quarter basis? Volunteers like Carrot, Cackler and Inday have gone the extra mile (thank you) but limited to ADMU games.* I'm thinking here of regular reporting on scheduled dates* by GameFace itself. I'm interested in the game results as they come since SBC will play Letran this noon, and will be parading Chris Camus who will be making his debut...wanna see how he pans out, specially under Letran's defense. If not, a post mortem would do.

cackler
05-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Heard Arellano demolished Ateneo B.

Heard also that Letran won over Beda by 3 points (60 to 57).

Our man briefly saw Camus attempt a three and a fast break lay up . . . missing both.* At any rate, he also reports that Camus is a 6'2" to 6'3" wingman with good dribbling skills and laterals.

gameface_one
05-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Dear gameface_one,

Is it possible, for the sake of those junkies like me stuck in the workplace who peek at certain times at this portal and cannot watch the games live, especially those on weekdays, to have a* progress report as the scheduled game is being played, or at least on a per quarter basis? Volunteers like Carrot, Cackler and Inday have gone the extra mile (thank you) but limited to ADMU games.* I'm thinking here of regular reporting on scheduled dates* by GameFace itself. I'm interested in the game results as they come since SBC will play Letran this noon, and will be parading Chris Camus who will be making his debut...wanna see how he pans out, specially under Letran's defense. If not, a post mortem would do.

MonL,

We are finding ways to expedite creating an infrastructure that will serve the purpose of real time updating. I don't think this will be ready in time for rest of the FMC games. We are currently building a pool of student-reporters who can give us real time accounts of the games. So far, we only have student-reporters from EAC, STI, UE, and Ateneo and some others who are doing it in their spare time. All of them however provide only post mortem reports. If you know anybody from San Beda, feel free to refer him/her to us. We are currently talking to Content Providers who can provide real-time accounts of games thru texting. A window will then be placed on each school/league sub-forum so that all of you can monitor the progress of the games.

This will take some time and money before we can have the system. Rest assured, once we have gathered enough resources, then we will proceed with the build-up and development.

gameface_one
05-10-2006, 09:13 PM
In the meantime, we also suggest that each school organize their own Cacklers and Indays and do blow by blow accounts of their schools' games.

sitsirya
05-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Dear gameface_one,

Mon L Bro,
Chris Camus made at least 5 FT's and a fast break lay up. He is agile and focused. However, this early, he is already a marked man. Tinira agad sya sa mukha and he was, for a while, agitated. But to his credit, he took his time, at pa simpleng bumawi dun sa tumira sa kaniya. He will definitely make good, give him a few weeks more, and he will make his mark for the RL.

GO SAN BEDA, the LIONHEARTED, FIGHT!

full battle gear
05-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Update on the ongoing Lyceum vs EAC game:

EAC closes the half with a 7 point lead over Lyceum, 33-26, after a late second quarter spurt.

full battle gear
05-12-2006, 04:49 PM
End of third quarter, EAC still ahead at 49-43.

Lyceum gained the lead momentarily but EAC charged back with a 7-0 blast to end the quarter.

full battle gear
05-12-2006, 05:08 PM
EAC takes control of the fourth quarter and seals thei victory over Lyceum, 66-58.

full battle gear
05-12-2006, 05:31 PM
Update on the ongoing DLSU-UST game:

La Salle line-up includes their Team A players. UST fielding in its Team B.

La Salle leads at the end of the 1st quarter, 20-13. DLSU capitalizing on UST's turnovers.

full battle gear
05-12-2006, 05:47 PM
DLSU continues to dominate UST to end the half, 42-19.

full battle gear
05-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Some truly hardcore action in the game.

With 1.42 left in the third quarter and DLSU ahead by 20, 49-29, ejections have been meted by the officials.

Brian Ilad was reportedly involved in an altercation with a player from UST and the bench of DLSU entered the court, leading to the ejection of most of their players. Only players left are Maierhofer, Villanueva, Walsham, #8, and #22. (Our apologies for not being able to give identities of these players.) Batricevic injured but asked to suit up anyway after melee.

On the part of UST, 6 players have been thrown out including Espiritu.

At the end of the third quarter, DLSU still ahead, 56-29.

full battle gear
05-12-2006, 06:31 PM
UST playing more physical now. Hand gestures have been exchanged. More players from UST now ejected. DLSU Team manager ejected also.

UST is now playing with only 4 players as the 5th man fouls out.

DLSU wins, 68-38.

pokpok
05-13-2006, 05:43 AM
wala bang balita about my team UE WARRIORS?? excited na ko sa game nila ng ATENEO ,,, amgkaalaman ng lakas!!! hahaha

Global Greenie
05-13-2006, 04:41 PM
La Salle Green Hills won over CKSC in the Juniors Division (Group B). Its nice to watch the juniors compete, the games are of top caliber and very intense.

Let's give support to the juniors squads.

abcdef
05-13-2006, 11:03 PM
are there rules for suspension regarding unsportsmanlike conduct in this league?

bchoter
05-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Biased opinion: Brian Ilad started it all.

bchoter
05-14-2006, 05:40 PM
UST's scheduled game versus Lyceum did not push thru. I wonder if this was a result of the fight-marred game against DLSU

gameface_one
05-16-2006, 11:19 PM
Inday and Brosia will cover the FEU - A vs. Ateneo - B game tomorrow (May 17, Wednesday) at 11 am. Venue: Charge of the Tamaraws sub-forum.

kryptonite
05-21-2006, 11:20 PM
Inday and Brosia will cover the FEU - A vs. Ateneo - B game tomorrow (May 17, Wednesday) at 11 am. Venue: Charge of the Tamaraws sub-forum.

CAn you post the previous winners of the Senors and Juniors Division of the FMC? Thanks. So far, Seniors Div. Champs I can recall are the ff: 1998 FEU, 2001 FEU, 2002 SSC-R, 2003 NU, 2004 DLSU, 2005 FEU.

gameface_one
05-22-2006, 08:29 AM

CAn you post the previous winners of the Senors and Juniors Division of the FMC? Thanks. So far, Seniors Div. Champs I can recall are the ff: 1998 FEU, 2001 FEU, 2002 SSC-R, 2003 NU, 2004 DLSU, 2005 FEU.

Calling Noel Ascue.......

babyfaced1
05-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Ey All,
For NSL Father Martin Cup Recaps, Watch NSL On Air every Fridays 5:30pm on Studio 23
Hosted by Boom Gonzales and Alex Compton, with Tricia Chiongbian covering the hardcourt action.
:) :) :)

5FootCarrot
05-23-2006, 07:53 AM
Patapos na ang elimination round ha. How long has the program been airing? What has been shown in the previous broadcasts? Kuwento naman diyan! :)

babyfaced1
05-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Sowi about the late mention, i figured somebody myt have already posted about the show kasi.
Its been up since the Opening game of this year's FMC.
Think "NBA Action" + "Inside Stuff" with a Pinoy Flava. that's more of less the show :)

MargaretThrasher
05-24-2006, 03:49 PM
What's the deal with the Nike Summer League website?

It's a bit more up-to-date now, but there are still some errors with the reporting - for example, they mixed up the scores of the Ateneo-B and EAC-Cavite game. According to Carrot's post in the Blue Eagles' Nest, Ateneo won by a big margin so it would have been pretty easy to tell which score belongs to which team. ??? Ateneo-B also doesn't have any stats, but all the other teams seem to have them.

gameface_one
05-24-2006, 05:01 PM

It's a bit more up-to-date now, but there are still some errors with the reporting - for example, they mixed up the scores of the Ateneo-B and EAC-Cavite game. According to Carrot's post in the Blue Eagles' Nest, Ateneo won by a big margin so it would have been pretty easy to tell which score belongs to which team. ??? Ateneo-B also doesn't have any stats, but all the other teams seem to have them.

The FMC organization has its own statisticians. The raw info are collated and summarized by Nike personnel and posted on their websites.

When Gameface realized that there were a lot of errors in their computations, we computed our own summaries based also on the raw stat reports from the FMC.

We assure everybody that the figures posted here are more accurate as we do everything based on each raw sheet that we receive from the organizers. All of these plus the narrative reports differentiate us from the Nike site.

allblue
05-29-2006, 06:23 PM

Word is that Ateneo-B does not get stats in the Nike website after someone from the Team pointed out to the Nike people that there were so many errors in the reporting of stats. Ayun, their next games wala ng stats. Kinda childish, eh? Seriously, responding to feedback by being hostile to the one giving it leaves a bad impression. Hmm, Adidas nga pala ang sponsor ng Ateneo. Hehe. ;)

bchoter
05-30-2006, 12:58 PM
FEU beat Arellano (can't remember the scores) this morning in a game dominated by the Tamaraws although the Flaming Arrows managed to hang around until that Jonas Villanueva 3. The Tamaraws eventually put the game away as Arellano threw the ball away in the next possession. The Tamaraws played minus Jeff Chan and RB Mangahas. The Tamaraws obviously felt their absence. With jonas at the bench the Tamaraws had nobody to turn to on offense. On their newbies Baracael played well but had a harder time with no other scoring threat. Vinluan was also ok on offense but missed his spots on defense. Cabagnot played sparingly. Best player for the Tamaraws are Jonas and Adolfo who hit about 4-5 threes.

gameface_one
06-10-2006, 09:19 AM
UE takes on SSC-Cavite for Fr. Martin’s Cup
abs-cbnnews.com

Games Saturday (EAC Gym)

1 p.m. – FEU vs. Adamson (women)

2:30 p.m. – San Beda vs. San Sebastian (juniors)

4 p.m. – UE vs. SSC-Cavite (seniors)

Local college basketball’s offseason reaches its apex Saturday when the University of the East and San Sebastian College-Cavite dispute the seniors title in the 2006 Nike Summer League Father Martin’s Cup at the Emilio Aguinaldo College gym in Manila.

San Sebastian will also vie for the juniors crown against National Collegiate Athletics Association nemesis San Beda College, while Far Eastern University and Adamson University battle for the women’s title in the games that start at 1 p.m.

Focus, however, will be on the UE Red Warriors and the SSC-Cavite Stags, who reached the seniors championship after turning back Ateneo de Manila University-A and host Emilio Aguinaldo, respectively, in the semifinals on Wednesday.

The Warriors brought down the Blue Eagles—their main rivals in the University Athletic Association of the Philippines this year—62-54, while the Stags hurdled the tough EAC Generals, 77-74.

SSC-Cavite enters the final with an unbeaten 5-0 slate. It posted impressive wins over De La Salle University (73-60), Lyceum (69-54), Ateneo de Naga University (90-61) Far Eastern-A (73-49) and the nailbiter over host EAC three days ago.

That gives the Stags a mental advantage over the Warriors, who had dropped a 59-71 decision to Ateneo de Manila last May 27. Otherwise, UE posted convincing victories over Jose Rizal University (75-59), Mapùa Tech (70-59), EAC-Manila (86-80) and the revenge win over the Blue Eagles.

In juniors play, San Sebastian’s Staglets, the reigning NCAA champions, outplayed La Salle Greenhills 81-71 on Wednesday to advance to the final against San Beda’s Red Cubs, which mauled Philippine College of Criminology 74-48.

The women, meanwhile, saw FEU advancing after a tight 58-52 win over UE and Adamson joining them in the final with a 62-51 pummeling of University of the Philippines.

gameface_one
06-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Warriors capture cage title
manilastandardtoday.com

THE University of the East Warriors banked heavily on their outside shots as they turned back San Sebastian College-Cavite, 80-71, and clinched the 12th Fr. Martin Cup Invitational Basketball crown last Saturday at the Emilio Aguinaldo College Sports Center.

Bon Custodio showed the way with 19 points, six rebounds, five assists and two steals to carry the Warriors to their third title.

His jumper with 5:25 left in the second quarter broke a 26-all tie and propelled UE later to a decisive 39-30 advantage.

Most Valuable Player Mark Borboran poured in 17 points, eight rebounds, an assist and two steals, with his two charities with 1:09 to go in the third handing UE a 65-53 spread.

Marcy Arellano chipped in 12 points and kept coach Dindo Pumaren’s quintet on top at 75-66 with 2:50 left in the final canto off his charities.

“They [SSC] were very aggressive. They got very tall players. We had to play pressure in the last part because we were having trouble with their big guys,” said Pumaren as the Warriors not get ready for the coming UAAP season.

UE reached the finals after putting away the Ateneo Blue Eagles, 62-54, in the semifinals. SSC-Cavite emerged as UE’s championship foes after edging EAC, 77-74.

Arvie Bringas shot 22 points for San Sebastian as it turned back San Beda-A, 70-57, for the junior plum.

Katrina Nida delivered 18 points in leading Far Eastern University past Adamson, 64-39, in the battle for the women’s crown. Peter Atencio

kryptonite
06-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Which school was the defending champion in the Juniors Division?

glowing_goldie
06-13-2006, 10:10 AM

Letran Squires

gameface_one
06-16-2006, 07:17 AM
Warriors rule Martin Cup

The Philippine Star 06/16/2006

University of the East unleashed one big scoring run in the fourth quarter as it subdued San Sebastian College Cavite-Recoletos, 80-71, to capture the Fr. Martin’s Cup-Nike Summer League crown at the Emilio Aguinaldo College gym recently.

Mark Borboran scored 17 points and pulled down eight rebounds while Marcy Arellano and Bon-Bon Custodio combined for 31 points to power the Warriors to the victory.

"Winning the championship definitely boosted the team’s confidence," said UE coach Dindo Pumaren, in the thick of preparations for the UAAP cage wards. "More importantly, the Fr. Martin’s Cup-Nike Summer League gave us the opportunity to match up against the other teams as we head to the upcoming UAAP season."

The Warriors also took home P200,000 worth of Nike products along with individual medals and the much-coveted Fr. Martin’s Cup.

The Baycats, who were led by Glenn Bolocon’s 15 points, settled for P50,000 worth of Nike products.

Meanwhile, Far Eastern U toppled Adamson to claim the women’s diadem, while San Sebastian-Manila surprised San Beda College to pocket the junior crown in the tournament sponsored by Nike.

gameface_one
06-16-2006, 07:18 AM
Warriors clinch Fr. Martin Cup

First posted 04:09am (Mla time) June 16, 2006
Inquirer

Editor's Note: Published on page A32 of the June 16, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

AFTER barely making it to the finals, University of the East trounced surprise finalist San Sebastian College Cavite-Recoletos, 80-71, recently to capture the Father Martin's Cup-Nike Summer League championship.

“Winning the championship definitely boosted the team’s confidence for the coming UAAP wars,” said University of the East coach Dindo Pumaren. “More importantly, the tournament gave us the opportunity to match up against very competitive collegiate teams.”

From 22-all, the Warriors went to gunners Mark Borboran, Marcy Arellano and sophomore James Martinez, who gave UE a 46-38 lead at the half.

Borboran paced the Warriors with 17 points along with eight rebounds. Arellano and Bon-Bon Custodio combined for 31 points as the Warriors went ahead by as much as 13 points late in the fourth quarter.

The Far Eastern University Lady Tamaraws clobbered the Adamson University Lady Falcons for the women’s crown, while San Sebastian College-Manila survived a late surge by San Beda College to emerge the Juniors champion.

The scores:

UE 80 -- Borboran 17, Custodio 16, Arellano 15, Martinez 11, Gregorio 9, Bandaying 7, Lingganay 3, Llagas 2, Espiritu 2, Canizares 2, Briones 1, Labagala 0.

SSC-CAVITE 71 -- Bolocon 15, Yee 13, Magdadaro 12, Gracilla 11, Cenita 11, Panes 3, Villaver 2, Moconocido 1, Basa 0.

Quarters: 22-22, 46-38, 65-53, 80-71

kryptonite
06-16-2006, 10:15 PM

Letran Squires

Thanks!!! How about the Red Cubs? Have they won the championship before?