PDA

View Full Version : Dec. 8 Showdown: Best of Ateneo vs. Best of La Salle

Out_Of_The_Blue
12-01-2005, 01:29 AM
From an article on the Inquirer:

"A new and exciting twist is added this year in that the main game of the twinbill features PBA stars from both schools teaming up with present-day varsity players.

Ateneo’s pros are Rich Alvarez, Paolo Bugia, Larry Fonacier, Wesley Gonzales, Olsen Racela, Rico Villanueva, Vince Hizon and Jec Chia while present-day collegiate stars are L.A. Tenorio, J.C. Intal, Japeth Aguilar and Doug Kramer. Ateneo coach is Chot Reyes.

La Salle’s pros are Jun Limpot, Mark Telan, Don Allado, Mike Cortez, Mac Cuan, Ren-Ren Ritualo, Mark Cardona and Willie Wilson while the current varsity stars are Joseph Yeo, Rico Maierhofer, Jun-Jun Cabatu and Ryan Arana. La Salle coach is Yeng Guiao.

The preliminary game is a Legends showdown. Ateneo will be coached by former Olympian Felix Flores and La Salle by Virgil Villavicencio. The teams will be made up of seven players from the ’60s, seven from the ’70s and seven from the ’80s. Among the Ateneo Legends are Chito Afable, Joy Carpio, Tito Panlilio, Ogie Narvasa, Nonoy Chuatico, Eric Reyes, Danny Francisco and Jojo Lastimosa. The La Salle Legends include Lim Eng Beng, Alex Marquez, Aldo Perez, Gabby Velasco, Franz and Dindo Pumaren, Dwight Lago and Tonichi Yturri."

What do you guys think of this?

Agent 008
12-01-2005, 09:21 AM
Will this be televised? I'm assuming the venue is Araneta. Are they already selling tickets?

Out_Of_The_Blue
12-01-2005, 09:30 AM
I think this will be televised. They are now selling tickets.

Agent 008
12-01-2005, 09:33 AM
Thanks a lot for the heads-up Out-of-the-Blue.

canmaker
12-03-2005, 01:28 AM
On ABC-5 ... don't know if live or delayed, though ...

jancarlo
12-03-2005, 09:44 AM
4 PM - Legends
7 PM - Current Pros and UAAP

Agent 008
12-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Does anybody know yet if the games will be televised live on ABC 5 this Thursday?

atenean_blooded
12-09-2005, 01:47 AM
LEGENDS GAME:

La Salle def. Ateneo de Manila, 63-59.

ALL-STAR GAME:

Ateneo de Manila def. La Salle, 88-85.

Player of the game: Larry Fonacier. 28 pts., 9 reb.
Game-winning shot: Enrico Villanueva 3-pointer. Finished 27 pts., 10 reb.

bchoter
12-09-2005, 09:49 AM
After the Salgago incident, the Ryan Arana jig, the (un)pogi pose, and the PEPTCR affair, DLSU needs Joseph "UKN" Yeo like a lump in the head. What a dVmb@ss.

bchoter
12-09-2005, 11:51 AM
For consipracy theorists: I can't help but suspect an ADMU hand in Yeo's behaviour.

I think UKN-Yeo is an ADMU sleeper who is out to sully DLSU's already tattered reputation? Di ba the narrow-minded Lasallians knee-jerk reaction to the outraged DLSU alum was to accuse him (dela Cruz) as an ADMU plant? Di ba UKN-Yeo is Jesuit-educated?

I wonder where Salgago got his GS or HS education.

And lastly, whoever styled Cabatu's hideous hair must be employed by an Atenean. No person in his right mind, unless coerced, will allow himself to sport such an ugly hair :D

bchoter
12-09-2005, 11:55 AM
Any parent should commend Fr. Niebres' decision to pull out the active students from the volatile situation. There's just more to life than basketball and he really is out to protect those under his influence. Winning at all costs is just not the right way.

Agent 008
12-09-2005, 01:39 PM
The prayer of Fr. Ampil came to fruition last night as "both teams found a way to win". Arguably though, the second game outweighs the first for bragging rights for next few decades. Rico, Larry, Rich, Paolo, Jec, Olsen, LA and the rest of the guys played a great game. But I couldn't help but think that our Patroness Mother had something to do with it. It was Her birthday yesterday after all. (In other words, may halong dasal -- with 9 seconds left, a 3 by Wesley at the corner who was missing everything all night, the fumble of Ritualo and the final shot from Rico with 1 second left). One Big Fight pa rin until the end!

fraternizer
12-10-2005, 01:56 AM
TIGILAN NA KASI 'YANG ATENEO-LASSALE!* KALOKOHAN LANG 'YAN!* SIPAIN NA AND DLSU SA UAAP AT PAYAGAN NANG PUMASOK ANG SAN BEDA PARA MAWALAN NA NG MGA BOBONG MANDARAYA.* IDAYO NA LANG 'YANG MGA GREEN ARCHERS SA MGA PERYA SA PROBINSIYA AT BILANG GUEST TEAM SA MGA PALIGA SA BARANGAY. TUTAL SA MGA MUKHA'T ASAL NG MGA 'YAN, SA LARONG KANTO TALAGA SILA BAGAY.

MargaretThrasher
12-16-2005, 04:07 PM
I wonder where Salgago got his GS or HS education.
Sorry to the conspiracy theorists, but Manny Salgado is an LSGH alumnus. Boy Scout pa raw siya dati.

"Laging handang...tumakbo!"

Agent 008
12-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Aba...nag-apologize daw ulit si Yeo. And this time, it's much better than his previous "I'm sorry but I was provoked" non-apology. I think I read somewhere that it was at a dinner set-up by Velez. Kung medyo formal yung setting, binasa pa kaya ni Yeo ang kanyang apology? I wonder how Comm. Eala will take this...