PDA

View Full Version : Bakit Ganoon, Natatalo ang Letran

mesmata oba
09-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Ang lakas ng Letran Knights sa simula ng torneo. Pero ngayon, parang pinaglalaruan lang sila ng PCU Dolphins.

Ganoon ba kagaling si Baculi?

Ganoon ba kamalas ang mga Alas?

cackler
09-22-2005, 09:20 AM
You may want to check out the papers today. Letran just blasted PCU.

At any rate, baculi is a good coach although a bit flamboyant. Oh well, to each his style.

Kid Cubao
09-22-2005, 09:26 AM
it has come now to a winner-take-all Game 3 between PCU and letran. at this point, conventional wisdom tells us the edge goes to the Game 2 winner, but the dolphins have the players, the coach, and most of all the championship experience to defend their title and go back-to-back this year. it'll be a slambang affair this friday.

Wang-Bu
09-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Dapat dito kay Junel hinay-hinay lang sa kayabangan talaga. O ayan, "amin na 'yan" naging "Kay Alas na 'yan." When Boyet Bautista is on a roll, Letran is a surefire winner. When certified gunners like Aban, Aldave and Alcaraz do not even NEED to score, dahil in da zone si Boyet, diyosme, tumiklop na lang ang kalaban. Ito pa namang PCU puro Espinas ng Espinas. Halata talagang walang play-designing skills si Baculi. At halata ding more athlete than basketball player si Espinas. Kasi kung talagang ubod ng galing niya as a player bakit nung nasa isang sistema siya - sa Harbour Centre - wala siya masyadong gawa? Hay naku, si Louie Alas na lang talagang natitirang matinong coach sa NCAA.

Sige na nga, damay na natin si Asiong Lim...

Out_Of_The_Blue
11-04-2005, 01:54 PM
Any inside info on Letran's plans for next season?

canmaker
11-04-2005, 05:43 PM
Out, my man. In the news announcing Leo Austria's acceptance of the Adamson coach's job, it also said that Letran Coach Louie Alas rejected the offer to take over for brother Mel at their alma mater Adamson. This should be good news for the Letran faithful ...

Out_Of_The_Blue
11-04-2005, 10:15 PM
Thanks Canmaker for the inside info. What's the latest about the line-up?

chief
11-07-2005, 10:54 AM
I think they'll still be intact, although the departure of Rodriguez, Andaya, et al... that leaves the burden of Bautista and Aban manning the team... although this guy from San Beda Saleh Yousif is currently fulfilling his residency and you might see a highly improved player come next year for Letran.

RLdiehard
11-08-2005, 01:10 AM
I think the Knights is still a strong team for Season 82 since veterans like Bautista, Aban & Aldave would still consume their last playing year for the Letran squad, plus I believe Bantay Bata slam dunk king Guevarra, who is part of Letran's present Team B, is already ripe to play in the NCAA. However, the Knights line up for next year would not be as dominant as this year's line up because for one, a lot of it's veteran & experienced players are already ineligible to play due to over age &/or consumed playing years. Included in this list are Andaya, Rodriguez, Alcaraz & Anabo. This might be a big problem for the Knights coaching staff to defend their title since its not so easy & it will take some time to find & train players as good & talented as the exiting players mentioned above. Second, the other teams are either they still have an intact line up or there is an on going tremendous recruitment being made by their camp. PCU is still quite a solid team with the presence of Espinas, Castro, Belga, Amparado & Garrido, but they will also encounter a big problem with the departure of Sanz, Solis & Retaga. All part of their champion team in Season 80. Mapua is still intact since I think their only valuable lost for next year is the graduation of veteran forward Veranga. UPHD I guess is also solid. If i'm correct Apor is the only one exiting. However, it will be a big damage to their campaign if anyone among Misa, Balboa or Refuerzo will not be eligible to play. CSB is another team w/c is both intact & has a good no. of recruits. MVP Sagad & Orbeta are still around for 1 yr. Fil-Am Johnston who played for Adamson's Team B & 2 UP Team B members are already serving their residence w/ the Blazers. Well for the Red Lions I think it's better if you just find it for your self. Mahirap pumuri ng sarili he he. But this is what I can share, Red Lion's 2nd team, w/c is fondly called Team Behold, was just recently crowned as 2005 Father Martin's Division 2 Champion. As for SSC & JRU, I hate to say this & I don't want to be mean, but I think Season 82 will not be fruitful for the said 2 schools since I guess they are still on their rebuilding period especially to SSC who jut lost Najorda, who many perceived as the 50% of the Stags team this year.